Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jenaae Jackson Miss Teen Florida Caribbean 2005, Miss Earth Jamaica 2009.


BMW: At 19, how did you feel at that moment when you were crowned Miss Earth Jamaica 2009 in August 2009.

Jenaae: I was honored. To be given such a wonderful opportunity is amazing. Not only do I get to represent my country, Jamaica, on an international level, but also help spread the word of a very important cause that is affecting the entire world right now, which is global warming and climate change. I am a part of the world becoming more environmentally aware. That's huge! I'm really passionate about this and overwhelmingly excited.

BMW: You had already been victor at the Miss Teen Florida Caribbean 2005 pageant. Was it the confidence from that competition that made you go for the Miss Earth Jamaica Pageant?

Jenaae: Absolutely. I was 15 years old when I competed for the title of Miss Teen Florida Caribbean 2005. At that age, you're between a child and a woman, and girls often lack self confidence. I learned how to walk with poise and assurance, speak with intellect and grace. With all my travels and experiences during my reign, I definitely became more confident. Confidence is a trait that, as a young woman today, I still possess and I definitely think it played a good role in me being crowned Miss Earth Jamaica 2009.

BMW: Tell BMW readers more on your Going Green project. Impressive stuff you're doing out there!

Jenaae: I am launching a tree planting campaign, because I think this is an issue that is often neglected. Yes, we must reduce, reuse, recycle but also remember we have to replenish. We take so much away from the earth and so often forget that we need to give back. My initiative is to get more people to plant trees. Even just to plant one small tree in your backyard adds to the environment and really makes a difference. Trees act as a filter removing air pollutants like carbon monoxide from our atmosphere and the air we breath. I'd say that's pretty important, wouldn't you? Deforestation is a serious issue but together, one tree at a time we can make an impact.

BMW: Growing up as the only child in a single parent home, one could guess you learned how to be independent and self sufficient from an early age. What other achievements have you registered so far at your age?

Jenaae: When I was younger it was somewhat difficult for me to handle always being on my own as my mom was a hard working single mother. But although at times it was a bit challenging for me, now that I am older I think it was a benefit rather than a hindrance. I am fortunate in that I learned and grew from this experience. My mom is my biggest confidante and she's always there for me. I surround myself with positive, productive people. Through their help and support, I am able to overcome challenges.

BMW: What's the best compliment you've ever received?

Jenaae: I love when people tell me I'm funny, because I don't try to be. I pride myself in being a happy and positive, very optimistic person. If I'm able to make others laugh and feel good. That's the best feeling in the world.

BMW: At this rate, you are definitely destined for bigger dos! Where do you see yourself in 10 years...

Jenaae: Hmmmn... In ten years I see myself in a mansion with lots of money. Kidding! Really... in ten years I strive to be successful off course and financially stable. However ultimately, most importantly I see myself happy and content. Ten years from now I hope to be settled down and possibly starting my own very big family. I hope to have left my mark on the world but still involved in the community and the environment.

BMW: What animal represents you and why?

Jenaae: I actually took a quiz on this. And the animal which best represents me, don't laugh is a monkey. I'm funny, friendly, sociable, compassionate, and intelligent.

http://blackmenwomen.com/male_female_models/profile/?about=Jenaae%20%20Jackson&id=24